Los Angeles Truck Accidents Attorneys
Recovering Compensation for Clients with Serious Injuries
When giant commercial trucks, such as 18-wheelers, suddenly stop in a lane of traffic or pull off to park by the roadside, it can lead to devastating accidents that cause long-term, even fatal injuries. The massive size of commercial trucks in comparison to regular passenger vehicles can leave survivors of accidents with life-altering injuries that require expensive medical care to repair.
At SM Law Group, APC, we know that a person’s quality of life may never be the same after a truck accident. That is why our truck accident attorneys have committed our efforts to helping clients pursue the compensation they need to cover injury, property, and other types of damages. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a semi-truck accident, then please reach out to our firm to discuss all your options under the law.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Unfortunately, some commercial truck drivers act recklessly while they are delivering cargo and end up hurting innocent bystanders. Although there are federal and state regulations that truck drivers must follow to reduce the risk of accident and injury, not all trucking companies and individual drivers follow these guidelines.
Some of the common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck companies failing to properly screen drivers
- Cargo left unsecured in trucks
- Drivers continuing to operate while they are fatigued or under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Cargo that has been overloaded into the truck
- Truck companies making unreasonable schedules or deadlines
- Broken or malfunctioning parts
- Severe weather like snow, ice, rain, and fog
- Mechanical malfunction and poor vehicle maintenance
Common Types of Truck Accidents
At SM Law Group, APC, we have helped clients recover financial compensation for injury and property damage sustained in a wide range of truck accidents, including:
- Rollover Accidents: When a driver loses control of the truck, it can slide and roll over onto its side, causing devastating injuries to nearby motorists or pedestrians.
- Blind Spot Accidents: A truck’s blind spots are much different than those of passenger vehicles. In fact, truck drivers call their vehicle’s blind spot “No Man’s Land.” Drivers who don’t see other vehicles when changing lanes or making wide turns put adjacent vehicles in tremendous danger of being struck or run off the road.
- Jackknife Accidents: “Jackknifing” occurs when a massive truck folds itself into a 90-degree angle. This typically happens when the driver is forced to slam down on the brakes, which causes the weight of the trailer to come crashing forward against the cab.
- T-Bone Accidents: This type of accident tends to occur when truck drivers run red lights and are hit at a perpendicular angle by other vehicles passing through the intersection.
Let Our Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers Assist You Today
Have you been involved in a truck accident in Los Angeles? If so, get in touch with our lawyers at SM Law Group, APC so we can provide you with the reliable and efficient legal representation you need to fight for all of the compensation you are entitled to for your accident injuries and property damage. When you choose us to handle your case, we will make it our top priority to use our knowledge of the law to help you get the peace of mind you deserve.
Auto Vs Auto $250k Settlement
Auto vs. Auto (Involving Children) $100k Settlement
Dog Bite $100k Settlement (Medical Bills Under: $3k)
Truck v. Auto $1 Million Settlement (Policy Limit)
Auto v. Auto $100K (Policy Limit Uninsured Driver)
Hard working- Former Client
I would recommend them to anyone.- Joshua N.
Great working with you guys!!- Hermes P.
They were awesome and spent time with me over the phone and answered my questions.- Shawn M.
I was extremely happy and satisfied with my settlement and outcome of my case.- Dan N.
Thank you, Kian, for your professionalism and expertise!- Nathan N.
The absolute best when it comes to handling bankruptcy!- Anna G.
John and the representative who met me at the courthouse were very thorough and guided me every step of the process.- Evitha B.
They made a very stressful situation much easier for me.- Lenny DcComics
I have never experienced more professional care. My phone calls and emails were answered within 5 minutes!- Lenka Wallace